Mental Mindfield

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Gears of War



Ok, so at the last minute I decided to reserve a copy of Gears of War. I called the nearest gamestop and they said they were not getting the game till 8pm and they only had 8 reserves left. So I fumbled thru the rest of my classes and decided to drive home. On the way there's about 7 EBGames. Yes I know EB and Gamestop are the same, i fucking worked at GS for 6 years. So i swung by just out chance. I dropped my $5 down and proceeded to interogate the chap behind the counter when it will be in. He told me between 7 and 8pm. The only problem. I have class till 10pm and they close at 9pm. Fuck! I'm thinking I could sneak outta my class, run to the store and then come back. Well come to find out we're reviewing for the midterm...No chance to leave. We dont get started till almost 7:30p! So I sit there taking notes frantically watching the clock. We finish at 8:34p! I dash out of class, into my car and make it to EB about 15 minutes before they close. I grab my copy, tricking the dumbass assistant manager that i'm a Barnes and Noble employee, haha 15% discount, and head home. It really is that fucking good of a game. This is the reason i bought a 360, well this until Halo 3. The graphics are amazing.

Here's the mid night reviews:
TeamXbox (9.6/10)
360.IGN (9.4/10)
GameSpot (9.6/10)
EGM/1Up (10/10)
Game Informer (9.5/10)
Eurogamer (8/10)
Yahoo! (4.5/5)
Games Radar (10/10)
X-Play (5/5)
GamePro (4.8/5)
GameTrailers (9.1/10)
GameBrink (97/100)
Computer & Video Games (9/10)
DailyGame (9/10)
GameSpy (5/5)

Dear god, i havent seen scores like this...EVER! And the words Grand Theft arent even in the title. Cuz we all know how much rockstar pays for their scores. Anyway, I've always made fun of Cliffy B. and his unreal map designs, but he's actually made a game i wanna play...well other than jazz jackrabbit. So yes King, buy this game. You wont be sad you did.

S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home