Mental Mindfield

Monday, January 22, 2007

22 Inches of love

Alot of you know that I already had a relatively large monitor. A 21 inch NEC was what my computer goodness was displayed on. It was HUGE, fucking huge to be exact, 75 lbs huge. I had been eyeing a nice sleek, slim, 22 inch widescreen Samsung every time I visited the local best buy. It was always just a pipe dream, until now. So Saturday me and the wife go cruisin' out on the town for some fine eats. We finish our fine dining experience at TGI-Friday and head out for some shopping. We swing by GameStop to pick up a Retro Controller for the Wii and then to Best Buy with the intention of looking at DVD Wall Racks. However first I must go drool at the monitor. Recently I have put World of Warcraft on the back burner and changed the way I play. Before it was the pursuit of items and raiding and the whole shabang. Well once I got back from Japan I just didnt really care all that much and pretty much stopped playing. So my account sat idle for about 3 months. A full tier 1 mage, 2300+ gold, tons of goodies. I posted it on ebay a few times, a few nibblers no bites. Well on the 16th the expansion is released and I decided to pick it up, after all I did have the collectors edition reserved. Well I grabbed my collectors edition from GameStop and then picked up another one at best buy. Thats another story all together. Anyway, while i was trying to ebay my account one of the nibblers recommended i try to sell my gold. Thinking it was not a terrible idea I checked one of the gold buying websites. $150 for 1000 gold, not too shabby. I had 2300 gold. Thats like $300 towards my sexy monitor. So I sell about 1400 gold in one day and I have over $200. Well to make a long story short (Too late) with that $200 and possibly $150 more coming in my lovely wife decides to buy me the monitor. =D I smiled alot that night. giddy as a girl....pics to come.

stock photo for reference

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home